Metronome Valve DAC and PSU with C8 Reference Converter
Excellent with original packaging.
The new C8 , top end version of the METRONOME TECHNOLOGIE Converters series, has inherited of the most recent developments and proprietary improvements performed by METRONOME TECHNOLOGIE with a very high level of quality achievement.
Main Highlights and Design Features:
The four D/A converters using the best 24 bit/192 kHz technology with 32 bit internal processing permit fast music restitution with clearer and deeper sound.
The upsampler and the D/A converters are fixed on an independent PCB plugged on the main board which permits easy possible upgrade.
Balanced analog outputs are driven with two powerful high end brand Lundahl transformers (Sweden).
The USB type B digital output permits direct connection with a computer (PC and Mac) and accepts high resolution signals such as HD_Master (24bit/192kHz).
Each digital input uses its own Digital Input Receiver for a lower level of jitter.
The analog stage includes four operational amplifiers typically chosen for their sound quality, their fast transitions and exceptional audio quality (very transparent, open & aerial)
The user friendly digital screen indicates the signal frequency of the selected input.
The power supply with individual power transformers and completely independent regulation lines for each critical part of the converter – digital input stage, digital upsampling and processing, converter, analog output – provides an inter-stage EMI/RFI radiation protection to insure a dynamic analog-like sound quality.
- D/A Converter resolution : 24 bit/192 kHz technology with 4 converters.
Sample rate converter
- Dynamic range capacity : 175dB
- Distortion + noise : -140dB
- Internal processing : 32 bit
- Input frequency range : from 44,1 to 192 kHz .
Analog stage line with 2 operational modes
- Mode 1 : Solid-state stage line
- Mode 2 : Tube stage line
- Dynamic range capacity : 140 dB
- Frequency bandwidth : 10Hz – 25 kHz +/- 0,1dB Class A
- All the 4 inputs accept from 44.1 to 192 kHz signal
- S/PDIF 75 Ohms RCA connector
- AES/EBU 110 Ohms XLR connector
- Toslink connector
- USB asynchronous
- Unbalanced 2.5V RMS@0dB -47K Ohms – RCA connectors
- Balanced 2.5V RMS@0dB -600 Ohms – XLR connectors
Elektra power supply for C8
- Specific AC filters. 3 main toroidal transformers and 11 separate
- independent regulation lines.
- Voltage: 100 – 120/240 VAC – 50/60 Hz
- Power consumption: 40 VA
Dimensions & Weight
- Converter unit (WxHxD) : 450 x 105 x 435 mm Weight : 14kg
- Power supply (WxHxD) : 450 x 105 x 435 mm Weight: 15 Kg