Vertere Mystic 0.5mV Moving Coil Cartridge
Excellent, new and unused.
Once the decision has been made on the motor system depending on the target market and to a small extent personal predilection, the key to designing – for all but the most extreme of high end
cartridges – is to balance the design parameters: to deliver a cartridge that stays in the groove, retrieves the maximum musical information and is least affected by old or damaged records.
There are of course extremes in the world of hi-fi – extremes where the designer optimises one parameter almost to the exclusion of others – and these products are often the most talked about as
they are loved or detested in spades.
But this is not the Touraj way: he doesn’t want a system that favours closed miked jazz over rock or symphonic over punk. He wants a system that allows most records in a collection to be played and enjoyed In his view a hi-fi enthusiast with a small record collection just does not have the right system yet.
When Vertere launched the DG-1 Touraj said: “The job of a record player is very simple, and very linear it has to allow the most accurate measurement of a something going past the stylus and
throwing it from side to side over 1000 times every centimetre.”
The situation hasn’t changed except in this story the focus is the cartridge including the cantilever and diamond stylus which is the part that’s actually being thrown about over 1000 times every centimetre of record travel.
The Mystic Moving Coil in bullets
• The body is machined from solid aluminium alloy
• The body is mass-tuned to the generator for optimum support and control of unwanted mechanical vibrations
• Threaded body to accept the supplied stainless steel thumb screws for correct coupling of the cartridge body to the tonearm headshell
• Three specifically designed contact points are machined into the top of the body that provide the exact mechanical coupling required.
• Alignment ridge on the front top that assists mounting Mystic to any Vertere tonearm
• The low mass generator utilises a Samarium-Cobalt magnet with a low-mass cross coil made of pure virgin copper wires
• The aluminium 7000 telescopic tube cantilever maximises stiffness without a massive high Q peak
• Micro Elliptical diamond stylus tip that is designed for maximum tracking ability without compromising the high frequency response or increasing surface noise
• Bonded through diamond assembly maximises alignment and rigidity
Type Moving Coil Phono Cartridge
Mounting M2.5 Threaded Holes
Special Tri-Point Contact
Output level 0.5mV
Frequency response 10 Hz -40 kHz (-3dB)
Coil Impedance (per Channel) 40Ω
Recommended load 680 Ω – 1k5 Ω
220pF – 470 pF
Channel balance Better than 1.0 dB
Recommended tracking weight 2.0g (1.9g – 2.1g)
Cantilever Aluminium Alloy 7000
Stylus Micro Elliptical Diamond